Frequently Asked Questions

Truck Campers

Do I need additional insurance for my truck camper? 

Most states do not require separate RV insurance since the truck camper is considered part of the truck itself, and can be an addition to the policy. Be sure to check you state laws.

What about registration and title?

At present, eight states require the slide-in truck camper to be registered with their motor vehicle department; Idaho, Mississippi, Nebraska, Oregon, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Utah, and Washington. 

The states that require you to title your truck camper differs, in some cases, from the states that require registration. At present, there are eleven states that require you to title your truck camper. Every slide-in truck camper manufacturer will create a Certificate of Origin when they build a truck camper. The camper’s VIN or an equivalent identification number will be on this form. This will be signed over to you when you purchase your truck camper. This certificate is used just like a title if you ever decide to sell your truck camper. States that require a title; Idaho, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Washington, and Wisconsin.

How are taxes handled?

BundutecUSA does not charge sales tax. You, as the customer, are required to register with taxes and titles within your home state.

Do you do custom orders?

Yes! Your camper should be tailored to you, and sometimes a cookie cutter camper just doesn’t fit your needs. We will work with you to make sure you are as excited about going on new adventures as we are!

How do we order a camper?

We are a factory direct business so there are no hoops to jump through. Give us an email with what you are looking for along with what options you think you’d like, and then one of us will contact you to start the process of ordering.

Do you make flatbed campers?

Yes we do!

How do I store my truck camper?

How you store it is completely up to you, as long as there is a level area with a hard surface to place the camper jacks. Storage solutions range from using dollies, cinder blocks, saw horses and other support structures. Many just put the camper low to the ground, with no underbelly support. Others keep the camper on the truck. It depends on your personal preference.

Can I still tow a boat when using a truck camper?

Yes you can. Using a truck camper usually does not cover the hitch. Just remember to have a Y plug to power both the camper and the tow.

Do you offer a cold weather package for the campers?

For our Pop Top campers, we have an option called Arctic Pack Insulation Panels.

What is the difference between Happi Jac and Torklift tie downs?

Happi Jac is a “bed mount” tiedown, which means it has a steel plate mounted to the front of the box and a button on the bumper for attachments points for your camper. These are less expensive but there is the possibility it could damage the box or rear bumper of your truck.

Torklift are “frame mount” tiedowns that are steel bars mounted to the frame in the front of the truck and to the frame or hitch at the rear for attachment points.  These are a little more expensive but are stronger and more stable. It allows for little to no movement for the camper in the truck bed. You can also pull a pin and remove the extensions so it has no exposed pieces when the camper is off the truck.

Can we tour your factory?

Yes you can, we love meeting our clients and showing them around! Give us a call and we can schedule a tour in for you.

How do we get our camper shipped to us?

We are a factory direct business, which means we do not use dealers or ship out any of our campers. We do this to make sure the installation is done properly and to give a tour of your camper. We wouldn’t want you to miss out on any instructions or demonstrations we need to do during the installation. It also keeps cost down a little bit more.

How much weight can my truck safely haul?

Cargo capacity or GVWR can be found on the driver’s side door or may be listed in the glove box.  The cargo capacity is the weight you can haul. The GVWR is the total weight, so you will have to subtract the weight of the truck from the GVWR and that will give you the cargo capacity.  The weight listed on the camper is with the water tank and LP full. If it says “Dry Weight”, that is the weight without water or LP. Everything being carried in your truck should be below the truck’s rated cargo capacity. This includes all passengers, gear, and your fully loaded truck camper. 


    Roof Top Tents

    Why use a winch motor on the roof top tents?

    Bundutec chose a winch because it draws more power the heavier the load, which is why we always have a 15A or 20A in line fuse on the power line to the battery.

    So if there is a chance you have forgotten a latch, or if there is some hindrance in lifting the roof, the winch immediately pulls more amps as it now has to lift a “heavier” load. The in line fuse will pick up on the overload and will pop, which acts as a safeguard against accidentally leaving a latch attached. 

     Will the tent affect my fuel consumption on my vehicle?

    Although it is not the most aerodynamic tent, we have not noticed any increase in fuel consumption in vehicles.

    Can I change the colors of the tent or lining?

    We have decided on manufacturing the tent in an olive green color because most camping gear that utilizes canvas also comes in that color.  This way, the tent will match any other canvas products you may already have.

    Unfortunately, we cannot change the material for the lining. We are aware that it is not the most attractive material, but it is the best one for the job. It has a foam backing that assists with both insulation and condensation, and is strong enough to handle the friction from the arms against the roof. It’s amazing quality more than makes up for the appearance. 

    If I added thicker rope inside, would I be able to lift heavier items?

    No, the tops were designed to only carry solar panels.

    Can I add extras to my tent?

    Apart from the solar wiring and stainless steel supports, any extras are not necessary.
    You can add additional lights and fans inside the tent when you place your order with Bundutec directly, but adding anything extra at a later date will damage your roof lining inside the tent.

    Can I get a thicker mattress?

    We, unfortunately, do not carry different sizes. If you prefer a different mattress, let us know when ordering and we will exclude the mattress. This way you can source one better suited for your needs.

    Can I cancel my order?

    Yes, you can cancel an order any time before shipment. Once the order is picked up by a carrier, you will have to wait to receive the item and file a return with us. Please note that shipping costs are non-refundable.


    Close Menu